Thursday, February 09, 2006

Big Bully vs Little Bully



There is a bully in everyone of us. Sometimes we flash it, sometimes we don't.

At a gathering, there were about 5 children, from 6months old to 4.5 years old. We watched in horror as three of the older ones were running around, laughing and ramming into the path of a 1.5 years old toddler who was still very unsteady in his walk.

We got him out of the play zone of the older children and put him together with the adults and the 6 months old who was resting on a soft mattress on the floor. He approached the little one and stroked his cheek uncertainly. Then he proceeded to apply more strength and grabbed the cheek.

There's a little smile.

Talk about mild bully instinct and try-outs :P We are still practising it at our ridiculous age.

...

10 Comments:

Blogger still_figuring_out said...

lol. do you think there is a bully in every one of us?

5:21 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

LOL...there are harsh bullies, fun bullies, all kinds of bullies.

Maybe it depends on the victims to grade when a bully is actually considered one...Ha...

6:34 PM  
Blogger White Magpie said...

Are you thinking of a bully baby? :p I noticed the recent veer towards babies..Queen (ba)bee ;)

2:21 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

:) Hee...there is a slight veer here... :) Just want the adults to think about what kind of bullies they intend to be. Nasty bullies are a no-no, but harmless play bully is fine :)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

Main thing: I don't want to be bullied just because I am kind..., and at my age too...

2:52 PM  
Blogger Pradeep Puranik said...

A bully. Hmm... Where is he in me? A prankster, I can see. It makes me think. :)

3:42 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

It's great to know that my post is churning more brain juices :)

1:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ahh tell me bout it...

Was a bully when I was kiddo...being bullied now too..(I have 2 elder bro's!!!)and sometimes I guess am a bully even now! Esp...when I need to get some work done :P...Yup..It's not nice to be bullied though...but u get an immense satisfacion bullying someone :P...

3:04 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

I suppose it's fine as long as no major heartaches or heartbreaks in the process.

Bullying is common in family and couplehood....oh Ooooooooo!

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi..

Thanks to land on my blog & let me know you have the havit of falling from the chair...but it's not my fault...right, its by Kabir Suman !!

hope to hear more..
Roy

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home