Monday, January 23, 2006

Double-Edge sword


I have learnt not to react too fast to things, mainly events of the day; be it work related or personal mishaps.

Always believed that there are two ends of a scale, and that God will compensate no matter what. For seemingly good things, there's a negative part of it. For seemingly bad things, they could be blessings-in-disguise. In the end, you could be begging on your knees to have that bad thing if you have the ability to forsee the blessing that it brings.

It's still a question-mark to me (it is because I have not lived my life to it's end yet. When I do, maybe I will have an answer) that the apparently-blessed people may not be as highly deemed as the apparently-deprived people in God's eyes. So I don't know if it's better that I have a very tested (full of trials) life, or a life where everything is a bliss? I could be a person who is very grateful and appreciative of a blissful life, so does that weigh as good as a person with lots of trials and the person still sees good at the end of all these?

4 Comments:

Blogger BrainSyke said...

well, God has made it clear to us all has said that He shall test each one of us with what we love(material), who we love, our desires, etc... and it is upto Him and His benevolence how he choses to test, or bless.

But, i've noticed one complain among many people. They complain that nothing in their lives is going right and everything is just bad. However, they fail to see that their God-given free will has a resposibility to try to make things better, but mind and will to work, and put an effort in the right direction first.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

Very good post! Thought-provoking...


**I could be a person who is very grateful and appreciative of a blissful life, so does that weigh as good as a person with lots of trials and the person still sees good at the end of all these?


tough question...cos I myself am living a life full of trials...too much to even mention...but I still feel I have a blissful life in terms of the good things that has happened to me. So I dun really know where I stand...somewhere in the middle but def not in full bliss!

Maybe one day when Im old, I will know the correct answer to this...but for now, I know that Im alone in this life..I came alone ad will go alone too...bliss is within my own hands.


Keshi.

8:19 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

even when one`s life seems to be in bliss, there are trials and mishaps along the way. just as no one is perfect, there is one life which is perfect either. i just had a thought early in the morning today. everything happens and exists for a reason. if you are happy, there is a reason for it, and if you are said, there is a reason for that too. i don`t think GOD differentiates people by their life, but how they actually live their life. so even if one is happy, it depends on how that person lives his/her happy life that makes all the difference.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

Brainsyke: Yes, it is up to Him how He chooses to test and bless. It's not easy to be put to be the one who's put to the test, esp a hard one..


Keshi: Thanks! :) It's good to know that we have our own parts to play. Hope and Trust are also very important, would love to have them within my hands too.


Still_figuring_out: It's scary sometimes when I think about God judging us on how we make choices in our life.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home