Saturday, January 07, 2006

A lesson


Years ago during my first encounter with snow, I was building a little snowman with my bare hands, of the snow collected at my window sill. That was fun. Once I shut the window, and I was back to the warmth of my apartment.

My next few encounters with snow were brief and there's little excitement. Most of the time, I was well wrapped up with gloves, coat, shawl, cap, etc.

Then after years of separation from the beloved white icy substance, I forgot all about the COLD. My next contact with it was filled with eagerness. I pulled out my gloves and grabbed a few big clumps of it; throwing them around and feeling their texture and soft mass!

My next few minutes were filled with regret. My hands were all numbed despite putting them back to my pockets for a long time. I really thank God I didn't drop any of my fingers and I am still counting them to ten.

Next time, I am gonna wear gloves. I will never forget that.

3 Comments:

Blogger web_loafer said...

To the fool who says there is no God......catch a snowflake in your hell bound hand, look at it, And I'll guarentee you that it is six-sided, just like GOD created it.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

So beautiful in it's tiny state, my camera can't even focus to take a shot of it.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

Ok, will definitely try that the next time round. Yeah!!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home