Thursday, January 12, 2006

In Lust or In Love

I can't tell if I am in love or in lllllluuuuuussssssttttt....with someone in my life.

Yes maybe if we have carried on smoothly and TIMELY (that's important) from where we left off previously... we could be an item now. If my logical mind has not taken control over my pounding heart, I would have been flipping head-over-heels umpteen thousand times now. Then it's fair to say I am in true love...

But, we are not an item now. So I am in lust with him, right?

Sometimes we end up with partners in our lives who are the best catch or most compatible with the wants of our life at that point of time. They may be best in our list of possible people, but they are not in our list of I-want-this-guy-if-God-gave-me-freedom-of-choice....

Then at the end of the day, that special guy never leaves our mind. So what now? Is it more than lust? Thus upgraded to love?

Meanwhile the person-next-to-us becomes part of our lives in the advantage of time, durations...we have shared everything with him, so he becomes more than love?

Next time round......we will stop at saying "I am in love with you". We can start with "I am in luuuuusssstttt with you...fleeting lust....deep lust.........the list goes on..."

6 Comments:

Blogger Queen Bee said...

Thanks, Mary! My other dilemma is that I have to work on the "both love and lust for the same person"...

10:53 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

haha! i cannot imagine the day when a girl tells a guy "i`m in lust with you". sounds like against the natural laws of love--or something ;)

love is a complicated feeling. the problem is that there is no clear definition of love. it is what we make it to be.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

True, it is what we make it to be.

Wonder if a guy will freak out if we tell him, "I am in lust with you. Till much later, I will be in love with u...."

12:52 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

Absolutely right! It's strangely absent for the one who needs it most... my next-to-me. Still learning how to build up lust for him...

5:14 PM  
Blogger White Magpie said...

Most of the time when people say "I love you" they mean it for the moment whether it is in casual or permanent relationships which is true in almost all the cases. How can you say I love you forever till I die etc etc when you are an ever changing person and so is the opposite person? We are not the same person and change every morning, afternoon evening in fact every moment. So trying to predict for a lifetime is a folly dont ye think? If people would simply grasp the fact that nothing is forever and everything changes, misery would be lessened considerably methinx. So when u say "I love you" or "I lust for you" I hope everyone understands its for THIS moment. Lust in love understood. Love in lust? hehehe...

Of course, crystallised love is different :-) That is something unsaid.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

Interesting points, White_magpie!! Very much clears up the air :) :) :) and lightens my heart :)

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home