Thursday, February 16, 2006

What kind of Quota (to last a day)?

Lately the kind of advice one gets, seem to be along the lines of -


Have a substantial breakfast, an okay lunch and little dinner.

Mine is a complete reversal; no breakfast or just a glass of something coupled with some biscuits or eggs, a full lunch, followed by a heavy heavy dinner. If I feel a bit guilty, I will add one fruit after dinner. I generally enjoy vegetables more than meat, so I consider my intake to be fairly healthy, though I am not sure about the quantity. I like to indulge in a good dinner (mostly with my favourite food) to reward myself after a day's ups and downs. And in case I ran out of food in my fridge, I can depend on my body's reserve to keep me going (burn whatever fats you've there!).

Next week, I am going to give a run on the supposedly heathier option: the former. The hidden agenda is that a substantial breakfast will help kickstart your system (great!), breakdown more of your intake rather than to conserve them in your body (even better!). Next thing is to shave off the extra pounds on my lunch and dinner. And my body will have less to digest while I am sleeping (fantastic!). Then... ho ho ho... I don't even need to enforce routine exercise (heaven!). Idealistic projection: a resultant weight loss or simply maintain my weight (happy me!). :)

Wish me luck!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Pradeep Puranik said...

I wish you luck.

That said, I have to admit something: That advice is not sacrosanct.

I am a very healthy example who never followed any such advices.

First of all, my liver does not wake up with me; it wakes up much later during the day. So I don't feel hungry in the morning. My lunch is snacks - absolutely anything that attracts my appetite at the moment! Dinner is a ceremony, as I watch a wrestling match on TV or a CD. I have absolutely no fixed timings for any of my meals, as my profession would not allow it most of the time. I love oily/fried snacks.

Well, there you have it. One would say that I must be an epitome of bad health. On the contrary, I am and feel very healthy. I have never had any major health-issues. I have not put on any unnecessary weight.

With me, it has been simple. I eat when I am hungry, sleep when I am sleepy, drink lots of water, be happy and keep laughing.

And that is just about it!

And you know what... my doctor is thinking of giving up the advice and following my mad method. :)

Anyways good luck to you again.

Cheers!

6:02 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

Good luck.

I've found I do alot better now eating breakfast than a huge dinner. Then I feel too full and can't eat dessert if I eat a huge dinner. Ya know? Priorities...dessert is a huge priority!

6:46 PM  
Blogger teacup said...

hey trust me tht method is very good...i usually don't follow any diet ot anything(luckily i don't need to:)))...but that's coz, i always eat food in small quantities at several intervals...morning breakfast is must for me!!!...also the evenin snacks!!!...that way i eat less at dinnertime(if i am hungry, i can eat more)...also fruits are best for dessert!!!...again luckily i am not the 'sweets' kind of person...so no probs!!!..but i've seen my sis slog in d gymn...trust me it's better to eat small qty's of food than gorging on a whole huge meal...BOL!!!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

Thank you, Everyone!!! :))

@Pradeep:
I love fried stuff too, or anything crispy on the outside :)

Lot of water is the core to healthy living. Though I know that, I still can't adhere to it 'cause I don't want to keep going to the loo...

I suppose if you don't have any major issues with your body regarding your regime, it should be ok. Afterall, you know your body best and since it has worked well all this while, why not continue? :)


@Kimmy:
Haha, you know, I "stone" whenever I eat too much during dinner...

If there's any chocolate cake/ice-cream or equivalent for dessert, I will squeeze it in no matter how. Don't want to miss that out, ya? :P


@Yashita:
Now I try to place a fruit right in front of me (on my coffee table) whenever I am home. That will encourage me to eat it when I'm hungry and hope all that desire for snacks will go far... far... away. :)

4:25 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

I think soups are also suitable for dinner since I am curbing my intake. It will bloat whatever solids I have into twice it's size. 8-P

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home