Friday, February 17, 2006

Minimum Standard


It happened to be a festive day when most people are on leave and nobody's working (at least not in that particular section). I was in a shopping mall.

Untimely it was, I needed the loo.

Happy to have found one, but quite upset to discover that the door lock was not working. No toilet paper too. Even more upset when I realise this cubicle is meant for the handicapped... (!!!) No janitor was around for any complaints to be made.

I mean, there should be a minimum standard for this, right? For me, it was easy, I could exit and head straight for the next loo on another storey. Indeed, for anyone's crucial moment, that person would be thankful for a functioning toilet. All the more so when it is a handicapped's toilet, right?


...

5 Comments:

Blogger kimmyk said...

I hate using public restrooms-it's a crap shoot (no pun intended) if you're going to get everything ya need...in your time of need.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

it's an unfair world...

Keshi.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Pradeep Puranik said...

Public amenities always seem to be taken for granted, until one discovers, at the most crucial moment, what you did. It is sad that the authorities could be so careless about these things.

1:27 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

public restrooms suck.

but the ones in Kuala Lumpur International Airport are really clean and are never short of toilet rolls.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can never get myself to pee anywhere other than my home toilet...So no idea pal!!!

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home