Tuesday, November 22, 2005

*m-E-o-W*

Last Friday was one of those nights that you would irk at even before it started. But God has a nice surprise for me.

I was home alone. The entrance grille door was locked but I left the entrance wooden door open. I like my spaces well ventilated. So no doubt it was night and my neighbourhood was quiet, I would still leave the door open. Only one small light in the living hall and my bathroom light were lit. It was still dark in the entire apartment.

I was standing outside the bathroom, half naked but still having a partial view of the living hall, when I heard an audible “meow”. I stopped digging in my drawer for clothes, and looked into the hall where the sound came from. There was nobody, no shadows too from where the entrance door was. I must have heard wrongly.

After I was fully dressed and was preparing to walk to the door for my night out, I saw something move on the floor. I walked quietly nearer. It leaped out from the shadows and out of the apartment via the grille door. It was a grey kitten! So I squatted down and try to coax it back with my own meowing. I am quite a cat-lover myself, so I do not mind having a cat in my place. In fact for the past few nights, I had been hearing some meowing. It sounded really desperate, like a kitten which was terribly scared and hungry. I thought somebody better help this poor soul. Now, the poor kitty actually walked into my place! Talk about connection.

(Sidetrack: My pet cat is staying at my mom’s place currently. As usual, moms are the ones cleaning the pets while we just cuddle and play with them.)

The kitten was really affectionate and was rubbing itself on me. It seemed really hungry. I gave her some water and plain biscuits. Sorry kitty, I don’t have kitten-friendly food with me. It took a dab at the biscuits but didn’t seem to want it. It wasn’t thirsty either. It continued meowing. It only paused when I stroke it or when I patted its head.

As I was intending to go out and I wasn’t comfortable with the idea of leaving the kitten at my place alone, I phoned J. She stayed nearby and she’s a vet assistant. She was out but will return soon. She’s the best person to go to. She will know how to bathe it and attend to it. She has a mini-zoo at her place; two dogs, one cat that died recently, one chinchilla, a few dwarf hamsters, fishes and a bird. In the end, she took the kitten home. This morning she called me and here’s the good news: the kitten has been adopted!


Yeah! Happy meow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home