Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Sanity in a bottle



Life has been pretty fucked up for this week. For the last few weeks, it has been an emotional roller-coastal; sometimes things seem ok, sometimes it’s frustrating.

Currently, I am trying to maintain sanity on my own. I have quite given up on confiding in friends. When solutions are quick, friends are rather patient with you. When it’s a long-term problem, it’s really hard to ask for more patience.

I took up jogging. Part of the reason is to have an outlet for excess negative energy. Brisk-walking is good too, though I am tickled by the various awkward movements. What butt sways and twists, ha! I am not a natural with it. Now that I am desperate for an outlet, who cares for ladylike movements!

I jog at 8am, I jog at 8pm, as and when I need. Tonight I will jog again. Maybe during the quiet jog, I can sort out some of my thoughts.

Last month I started blogging. In fact, it has been therapeutic for me too. A bit of recording, archiving, a bit of retrospection, and hopefully, a bit of future planning in the process. Some answers from myself, and probably some feedback from others. It’s fun to read about others too; inputs from all sorts of issues. I felt enriched when I know more.

6 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through a hard time. Jogging and blogging are healthy alternatives for dealing the stress that you are feeling right now. Even though I am in Seattle, I still care about you and want you to be happy. If you ever need to vent to someone about what is going on in your life, feel free to e-mail me. Sometimes, it can be very cleansing to release your feelings in written word particularly to someone you don't really see on a daily basis. There is still an element of anonymity there. I hope you are well. My thoughts are with you. Hang in there Queen Bee. You are a survivor and you will get through this period in your life. Just remember that you have a friend in Seattle.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

Thanks, Megan! Thanks for your encouragement. Really comforted to hear that. Yes, hang in there, queenbee!

3:43 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

i agree. blogging and physical exercise is good for the soul :) i enjoy cleaning when i need to sort out some problems.

9:12 PM  
Blogger twistedbrick said...

Blogging has definetly helped me to get through my problems. It is much easier than talking to each individual friend. I'm glad you have a healthy way of dealing with your hurt. I go for walks and swim when I'm stressed, but then I go home and pig out. =P

I hope things get better for you soon.

9:19 PM  
Blogger twistedbrick said...

I left a comment on your "time-out 2" article btw - some links that may help interpret your dreams!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Queen Bee said...

Thanks everyone :) Will keep up the positive thoughts!

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home