Friday, November 04, 2005

Baseball caps

Lately I suddenly have an interest to wear a cap. Went to a sports outlet and got two caps instead; one in white/navy blue and the other in yellow. My friend said the one in white looks like a golf ball cap. Have not shown off the yellow one yet :)

Realised that wearing caps comes with a few unforseen benefits. I used to think that they are just used as sun-shading device or just to keep the head warm.

To name some examples:-


Yesterday I was pretty disgusted with NTM. Luckily I was wearing my cap and thus I could avert my eyes throughout the whole evening without looking rude. And I didn’t have to see him. Ha ha. No doubt I was grinding my teeth and didn’t have the choice to walk away.

Today I was really tired on the train. Slept through the entire morning trip. Fortunately my cap kept my hair in place and I didn’t have to look like one of those ghostly characters with long hair covering my face, and scaring everyone off. Besides the cap shielded my face and I wouldn’t feel awkward the minute I woke up and have my dangling head back in place above my neck.

Then while I was at my office building, nobody recognised me! Not even the security guard. Even my colleagues had a little shock. They thought a teenager had walked into the office. *Grin* No wonder movie stars or famous faces like to have their caps on. Great camouflage and hair accessory!

2 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Baseball caps are great for letting you slide by if you haven't washed your hair for a few days. Used to wear them in college because I could roll out of bed and not have to do hair or makeup for class!

Hope all is well with you!

Megan

7:54 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

i was never a cap person ;) but i guess they are quite useful for a disguise.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home