Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Dream hunt

Was reading the topic on dreams by one of the bloggers. Thought I will have a go at it. Ready?

I have a recurring dream and it has been going on for a long long period of time. So long that I can’t remember when it actually started and how long I have been having it. The highest frequency of occurrence is about 5 times a week.

The scenario might change but the content of the dream is always the same. I am always searching for a person. In reality, this person was a classmate of mine. I was eleven then when I first know him. It wasn’t a strong-impact-at-first-sight kind of thing. Nothing of that. In fact, I think it took a while before I realized his existence. And when I did, he strikes me as a very familiar person, as though I have known him for ages, as though we have been dear to each other before. Yet, we did not speak very much to each other. We were not even considered close as friends. However the strange aura about him being somebody very familiar always haunts me. I find every part of his physical body so ‘nostalgic’; the way his skull is shaped, the way he wore his shoulders, the way his hair bounced. Unintentionally, I would study him for hours in school. Just in case you think that I have fallen for him, I have to clarify that I was madly infatuated with someone else then.

Well, I couldn’t explain why I have this strong sense of nearness toward him. At that tender age, those surges of intensity started to translate in the form of a crush for him. I would call him up on the phone after school and talked to him for hours. He was always kind and amicable. I did not phone him very often, only about three or four times if I am correct.

About a couple of years later, after we left school, I was still calling him up once in a while. Somehow, he is etched in my memory. There’s no way to erase him. I have outgrown my so-called-crush on him and concluded that he will forever hold a special place in my heart. He is still a mystery but in my understanding, he is not boyfriend or husband material.

Now twenty years later, he still finds his ways back in my dreams. It’s very strange because in the dreams, all that matters to me is to find him. Yet once I am awake, the intensity fades quickly. Afterall, I have my own family now and from my understanding, he should be having his soon. We ran into each other once.

At one point, the frequency of such dreams was so high that I had no chance but to dial his home number (didn’t know if he will still be staying at the same place, but I still tried). He answered the phone! Went through a very brief chitchat, asked him how he was, etc. In the end, he left me his mobile number.

With his mobile number, I passed it to a buddy for safekeeping. I conclude that if he appears in my dreams so often, one day, if I ever were to fall into a coma, most likely I will have images of him all over my mind. My buddy probably has to enlist his help in waking me up! Ha ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home